Twilight Time to Release "Gun Fury" on BluRay 3D


How on Earth is it that "Beauty & the Beast" - a $1+ billion dollar worldwide hit - manages to come to the states without a proper BluRay 3D release but "Gun Fury" - an obscure 1953 western starring Rock Hudson - actually manages to get a release despite being limited to 3,000 units?  I have no idea.  I ask myself questions like that all the time.  More than I would like.  I don't complain...not really.  I find it odd that the more obscure stuff that has low demand gets releases while mainstream stuff is largely hit-or-miss these days, but such is the world we live in.  Such is the state of the business.  I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but it does make me wonder about the state of film on disk in general.  Anyway, the movie is going to be sold exclusively on Twilight Time's website and will street on 9/26 (if my e-mail is correct).  I will update you all with a direct link to purchase it when it is made available.

1 comments:

  1. davidbe said...:

    Hooray for this -- the first vintage 3D western to be released (there are several more unreleased vintage 3D westerns that we can hope come out someday).

    Another vintage 3D movie has just been announced as well: The Maze (1953) will be released by Kino Lorber sometime this fall (specific date not set yet).

Post a Comment